Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Budapest Airport - Ferenc Liszt: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Budapest airport. Plan your travel to BUD Airport with the information provided in this site.
Budapest Ferenc Liszt Airport (IATA: BUD, ICAO: LHBP) also commonly known as Ferihegy, is the international airport that serves Budapest, the capital of Hungary. The airport is located 16 km southeast of Budapest city centre. The airport serves as a base for Ryanair and Wizzair.
The airport was renamed in 2011 as Budapest Ferenc Liszt Airport as a tribute of the Hungarian pianist and composer Franz Liszt.
Budapest Airport has currently one operating terminal: Terminal 2.
The terminal is divided into T2A, the SkyCourt building in the center, and T2B. The transfer between T2A and T2B can be made on foot across the SkyCourt building. Older terminal 1 was closed on 2012 due the low traffic levels and the extra capacity in Terminal 2.
Terminal 2A: It is the terminal that operates all Schengen flights.
Terminal 2B: The terminal operates the non-Schengen flights.
The airport was designed and build in 1939-1944 and used for military purposes during the war, and reconstructed in 1947-1950 for civil aviation. Since then, several new infrastructures has been built.
The SkyCourt was opened in 2011 and is a modern new passenger hall connecting T2A and T2B on the Departures level. It is a new experience for the passengers at Budapest airport, with modern architectural solutions, a gallery with restaurants and lounges, retail establishments.
Facilities and Services
The facilites and Servicies at Budapest Airport include: free WiFi access, secure luggage, currency exchange, ATM, post office, business center and tourist information.
- Taxi: It is the quickest way to reach the city centre. Főtaxi is the company that operates in the airport (Taxi rank is located in the arrivals level of Terminal 2). A ride to the city center should cost around 6500 HUF (22 EUR).
- Buses: The bus 200E, connects terminal 2 with the metro terminal called Kőbánya-Kispest Metro Station (This station corresponds to line M3-blue line). Service available from 4AM to 11PM.
- Train: The closest train station is Ferihegy. To arrive to Ferihegy train station you should use buses 200E during day and bus 900 during night
To get more details of Transport Information, please, click the Transport page.
- 2 runways (13L/31R and 13R/31L)
- 10,3 million passengers in 2015 and 86,047 aircraft movements.
- Capacity Terminal 2: 11 million passenger.
- More than 40 airlines operating at the airport.
- Busiest international routes: London, Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Frankfurt.
Address: Budapest Airport, Budapest, 1185 Hungary
Telephone: +36 1 296 7000
Items lost at security control: